To maximize your growth, it’s time to realize these FIVE things aren’t as important as they seem.
These FIVE THINGS steal too much valuable energy from you. They’re weighing you down. They kill you from the inside.
If you want to achieve the best version of yourself, eliminate them.
- The mainstream success (suits, cars, boats, women, etc).
- Don’t pursue something because everyone else is pursuing the same thing. Success is relative – we’re all unique.
- You define your own success. Then, make it happen.
- Contrary to popular belief, the journey is more fulfilling than the success itself. Success is merely the by-product.
- True joy lies in who you become along the journey.
- Opinions are often colored with one’s experiences, biases and blind spots.
- You can’t please everyone, no matter how hard you try. Even the most likeable person is hated by someone.
- Avoid looking for social validation or approval simply because you’re insecure.
- If you’re insecure, working on yourself is the first thing you should do. Turn inwards. You’ll find your answers there.
- Excessive material items.
- If you don’t need something, you don’t buy it.
- Buy things to use, not to impress. If you can live without trying to constantly impress others, that’s pretty impressive.
- Live lightly – why occupy your living spaces with things you don’t even use? They accumulate dust over time, too.
- Information junk.
- Most information out there are irrelevant to your life. They’re not going to make your life any better. Instead, they inhibit your potential to grow.
- The more you consume them, the more they occupy your mind for nothing. It’s like taking up 90% of your phone memory for lousy apps.
- Media & Internet: Petty issues, lousy advertisements, conspiracy theories, etc.
- Social media: Meaningless shares, viral but empty content, haters, etc.
- People: Negativity, blaming, complaining, etc.
- Protect your mind. It’s the most valuable asset you have.
- Winning petty arguments.
- Realize that most arguments or anger come from insecurity. (I’ve experienced this myself).
- When you’re emotionally challenged, do your best to remain calm.
- Petty arguments aren’t worth arguing. If you win, it merely means you’re petty-minded. Nothing else.
- “Pick your battles wisely.” — Sun Tzu.
Written by Dylan Woon
Latest posts by GeeStaff (see all)
- Mistakes New Entrepreneurs Make When Starting Out - 4th August 2017
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense; Apply these 5 Tips - 2nd August 2017
- Top Reason Why Most People Never Reach Their Goals In Life - 9th July 2017