How To Respond To Tell Me About Yourself- If you have ever been called back for an interview then there is no way you haven’t be asked the “tell me about yourself question”
How To Respond To Tell Me About Yourself – This question may sound very easy, but the truth is a lot of people haven’t figured out how to answer this question.
This question is usually to break the ice at the beginning of the interview but most times when answered correctly it preempts the whole interview process and give the job already.
see also – When and How to Work with Recruiters
Basic things to bear in mind.
1: You need to manage your time properly. This question usually comes at the beginning of the interview so try to be prompt. Give a highlight of everything don’t go delving into details because you still have time to give those information in details during the interview. however if you are asked the question at the end of the interview then you can stretch a bit. You can make use of it to tell the interviewer anything you think you missed during the interview. Your time frame should not be less than 1 minute but not more than 2 minutes.
2. Write your answer and rehearse in front of the mirror till it becomes part of you this is the best to have a grip of How To Respond To Tell Me About Yourself.
3. You body language should show openness and sincerity. Open your palms instead of closing them. Look into the eye of your interviewer.
4: Your reply must offer the following personality traits that employers look for no matter what level job you’re applying for: intelligence, enthusiasm, confidence and professionalism.
7: When you are done, politely hand over to the interviewer.
A guide to answer the “How To Respond To Tell Me About Yourself” question.
- Connect personal strengths to supporting examples.
- Focus on details and outcomes you can quantify.
- Avoid summarizing your resume word for word.
- Mention past experiences and proven successes.
- Align your current job responsibilities to the role.
- Avoid mentioning personal information related to your marital status, children, political or religious views.
- Highlight your personality.
- Avoid rushing into deeper conversations about the role and company.
- Connect your skills to the job description.
- Briefly mention hobbies, intellectual development and community involvement.
These are templates on How To Respond To Tell Me About Yourself.
If you are employed this is an example on how to go about it.
“Well, I’m currently working at XYZ Company and I specialize in doing ___. The reason I applied for this job is I saw ___ on the job description and I think I would be able to help you ___ and ___. One of my key accomplishments in my current role was helping my employer do ___, and I’m confident I can help your team get similar results here.”
If you are unemployed this is an example for you.
“In my most recent position at XYZ Company, I specialized in doing ___. The reason I applied for this job is I saw ___ on the job description and I think I would be able to help you ___ and ___. One of my key accomplishments in my last role for XYZ Company was helping them ___, and I’m confident I can help your team get similar results here.”
see also – Tips on Managing and developing yourself
Remember throughout your answer to focus on the experiences and skills that are going to be most relevant for the hiring manager when they’re thinking about this particular position and this company. And ultimately, don’t be afraid to relax a little bit. Interviewers Do not bite.
For your questions and comments use the comment box!